All changes to the AWRI publication ‘Agrochemicals registered for use in Australian viticulture’ (aka ‘Dog Book’) are shown on the electronic version available from the AWRI website. Amendments are highlighted by a red asterix (*). Additionally, the AWRI Agrochemical Search app – which is updated automatically and can be used on smart phones and tablets – is free to download from iTunes or Google Play. Further information including links to the App Stores is available at the AWRI website (http://www.awri.com.au/industry_support/viticulture/agrochemicals/app/).
Diuron is no longer registered for use in viticulture.
Until 28 November 2013, growers with the diuron products1 listed in the 2012/13 Dogbook are permitted under APVMA permit 13874 to use their stocks in accordance with the label instructions so long as they meet the permit conditions outlined below.
Permit 13874 conditions
The existing label may include instructions for use in situations listed below. The use of diuron is no longer approved for these situations and the following restraints apply:
- DO NOT USE around agricultural buildings
- DO NOT USE on right-of-way areas
- DO NOT USE on driveways, paths, lanes, drains, ditches, fence lines, car parks, tennis courts
- DO NOT USE in non-crop areas
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
These directions for use must be used in conjunction with existing label directions and the restraint statements. Where the instructions below are inconsistent with the label instructions, the instructions below must be followed.
- DO NOT apply more than 1.8 kilograms of diuron active per hectare in any 12 month period
- DO NOT apply by air
- DO NOT use in water-logged areas
- DO NOT apply if greater than 50 mm rain fall is expected within three days of application
- DO NOT irrigate within three days of application
- DO NOT apply to fields where the slope exceeds 3%
- DO NOT replant treated areas within two years of application of diuron except when otherwise stated on label
- DO NOT apply within 20 m of a down slope water body, unless a minimum 5 m wide effective vegetated treatment area (EVTA) between the edge of the down slope water body and any points where low flow runoff exits the inter-row furrows of the crop
- DO NOT apply when there is non-target terrestrial vegetation within 130 m downwind from the application area
- Apply as a COARSE spray only
- DO NOT spot spray greater than 5% of total farm area
1 Diurex WG, Diuron 500, Diuron 900 DF, Diuron 900 WDG, Diuron 900 WG, Diuron Flowable, Striker 500 SC, Zee-Uron 900 WG.
For further information contact the AWRI on 08 8313 6600 or email email@example.com.
This information is provided to inform the Australian grape and wine sector of agrochemical information, and should not be interpreted as an endorsement.