Kick start your career in event management!
• Fantastic opportunity within the grape and wine industry
• Full-time position
• Excellent location
The Australian Wine Research Institute (AWRI) is the Australian grape and wine industry’s own research organisation. It supports a sustainable and successful grape and wine industry through world-class research, practical solutions and knowledge transfer. The culture at the AWRI is professional, innovative and sets high standards. As part of these standards the AWRI offers favourable working conditions and an environment conducive to success.
Applications are invited for the position of Events and Project Coordinator within the AWRI’s Industry Development and Support team. The position will focus on the planning and coordination of extension activities for the grape and wine industry. Responsibilities will include:
• Coordinating events, including management of registrations and event logistics
• Contributing to budgets, schedules, resourcing and stakeholder consultations
• Providing administrative support to the IDS team
• Purchasing and sourcing of wines
• Updating and maintaining website applications, calendars, schedules, budgets
• Supporting the delivery of custom-built software programs to industry.
The ideal candidate
Experience with administration and events
Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, in particular Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Ability to work autonomously and use initiative to prioritise workloads, manage expectations and deliver on time
Enthusiastic and dedicated with a team-oriented approach
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Ability to travel and work some out of hours and weekends as required
A position description is available here: Events and Projects Coordinator Position Description. Applications must be completed via the online application form by close of business Thursday, 21 February 2019. Only applications completed via the online application form will be considered. For more information, contact Francesca Blefari on (08) 8313 6600 or email@example.com.