In addition to the purchase order or service agreement form, all interstate plant material must be accompanied by the following documentation:
- For grapevine material, a Plant Health Certificate (PHC) from your local Department of Primary Industries. Some other types of plant material may also require a PHC. Please contact the customer services team to enquire.
- A completed AWRI plant material movement declaration form (virus testing).
Samples should be packaged in accordance with CA12 requirements. See Plant material movement declaration form (virus testing) for more details.
For PRZ and PIZ
AWRI Commercial Services can carry out virus diagnostics on nucleic acid extracted from plant material from phylloxera risk and infested zones (PRZ and PIZ). The extraction is simple and can be done using a specialised kit that can be provided to you. Please contact the virus testing team for more information.
No additional documentation is required to send these samples to the AWRI besides a purchase order form.
Please note: In accordance with AWRI Commercial Services’ CA12 certification and the SA Plant Quarantine Standards, any samples received from phylloxera risk and infested zones will be destroyed.
Samples should be sent to:
AWRI Commercial Services
Level 2 Reception
The Australian Wine Research Institute
Hartley Grove, Cnr Paratoo Road
Urrbrae SA 5064
- Plant virus testing purchase order
- Virus sample submission template (for large sample volumes)
- Plant virus elimination services agreement
- Plant material movement declaration form (virus testing)
Customer services team
Phone: (08) 8313 6600