Fining Agents Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for answers to frequently asked questions about fining agents in wine.
- Australian and New Zealand Food Standards Code – Wine Production Requirements
- AS 6000-2009 – Organic and biodynamic products
- NASSA Organic Standard
- Wine Australia: Act and Regulations
Permitted additives and processing aids for winemaking and wine importing countries
Search the database to establish the permitted additives and processing aids for various winemaking and wine importing countries. This is not a complete list of all the countries to which Australia imports wine but those which have made available their winemaking regulations.
There are two types of searches you can undertake:
1) To establish what additives and processing aids are permitted for a particular country, select that country’s name and hit ‘display’. The list of permitted additives and processing aids for that country will be shown when you scroll down.
2) To establish what countries permit a particular additive or processing aid, select that additive, or processing aid, and hit ‘display’ – a list of countries will be shown when you scroll down.
For specific details on an additive or processing aid in a country, please refer to the country’s regulations. For further information, please contact the AWRI Helpdesk.
Last updated August 2015.
The permitted additives and processing aids information has been made available to assist exporters on the understanding that The Australian Wine Research Institute is not rendering professional advice. The information contained in the website is not legally binding and is not intended to be a substitute for legal advice.
The information is based on the Institute’s understanding as to the requirements of each market. It is intended to help exporters understand individual market requirements in ordinary circumstances. Before relying on the information contained in the website, users should carefully consider its accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance to their purposes and should obtain professional advice appropriate to their circumstances. Users should exercise their own skill and care in respect of the information contained in the website.
Please read the full website disclaimer.