Date(s) - 25 Sep 2020
2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Chardonnay winemaking workshops – online
The AWRI is now presenting its latest workshop demonstrating the influence of winemaking practices on final wine style – this time with Chardonnay! Fifteen different wines made from the same batch of Chardonnay grapes using a range of harvest dates and winemaking techniques will be presented for tasting and discussion. This is a great opportunity to explore and compare the stylistic and compositional differences achieved when one winemaking variable is changed at a time.
Given the current restrictions on travel, the AWRI will host its Chardonnay winemaking trial workshops as online virtual tastings. The program will continue to be coordinated by the AWRI with the presenter based in Adelaide and participants joining the workshop using Zoom.
How it works:
- The wines will be sent from the AWRI to the local regional association.
- The regional association will arrange to decant the wines into vials and put together tasting kits
- On the morning of the event you will need to pick up your tasting kit from a specified location
- Before the event starts, you will need to set up and pour your wines
- An AWRI presenter will facilitate the workshop, which will be presented through video conferencing technology.
- You will be able to hear the presenter, view their slides, and ask questions along the way.
- You will need your own computer, tablet or smart phone to use a web-based tasting program to enter comments for each wine.
Booking is essential. Please note refunds will not be given within 48 hours prior to the event. If you can no longer attend this event, please contact email@example.com