The AWRI is presenting an intensive three-day course on the latest techniques and technologies in viticulture. Participants will travel in a small group across a number of SA regions to visit sites and meet practitioners who are at the cutting-edge of Australian viticulture.
The course is aimed at practising viticulturists with an interest in innovation and is limited to a maximum of 20 participants to ensure an intensive and interactive learning experience.
Topics covered include:
- Propagation material now and for the future
- Improving soils to maximise wine-grape production
- Climate change and its effect on a vineyard – overcoming new challenges in an old vineyard
- Solar-powered irrigation pumps
- Using rootstocks to save water
- Using sensors and software to maximise water use efficiency
- Alternative varieties for warm climates
- Biological controls – good bugs for bad bugs
- Vineyard technology to improve efficiency
- Developing vineyard ecology to reduce pesticide use
- Terroir – putting the science behind the story
- Soil pits – what do they really tell us about vines and wines?
If you are interested in being notified of any future Advanced Viticulture Courses, please enter your details here.
Cost: $2400 per person including GST.
Course fee includes all accommodation, meals and transport. This includes a night’s accommodation in Adelaide before the course.
AWRI Events Team
Phone: (08) 8313 6600