The AWRI conducts seminars and workshops across Australia as part of a national roadshow program funded by Wine Australia. Details of upcoming roadshow seminars and workshops are available from the AWRI events calendar or join our mailing list to be notified as soon as new events become available.
Seminars are made up of presentations on Wine Australia-funded grape and wine research activities and outcomes. Each seminar is tailored to meet the interests of the region, with presentations selected by the local regional association. Content is delivered by researchers from a range of organisations.
Workshop content is closely aligned with current practice change projects and as well as best-practice advice on managing relevant technical production issues.
The AWRI and its partner organisations provide their services to the regions free of charge. Roadshows are delivered in collaboration with regional associations and the associations may charge a small attendance fee to cover venue and catering expenses.
Previous workshops include:
- Aerating ferments: why aeration is useful and how you can do it
- Irrigation efficiency workshop
- Non-chemical weed control and cover crop workshop
- Chardonnay winemaking trial
- Cabernet Sauvignon winemaking trial
- Addressing regional challenges
- Adapting to difficult vintages workshop
- A guide to trouble free packaging
- Test your limits! Determine your own threshold for important wine flavour compounds
- Trouble free winemaking – avoidance and management of common wine instabilities
- The avoidance of taints and chemical instabilities during winemaking
- Brettanomyces – latest research and control strategies
- Microscopy and applications
Contact the AWRI events team
Telephone: 08 8313 6600