Recent wet weather across a number of grapegrowing regions has led to conditions that are favourable to the development of Botrytis bunch rot. Botrytis outbreaks have been reported across regions in Victoria and NSW and further wet weather is forecast in other states.
Panel members include two eminent plant pathologists, Dr Kathy Evans and Barbara Hall, and two highly experienced industry practitioners, Liz Riley and Warren Birchmore. Three presentations will be followed by a Q&A session. The webinar will include discussion of the short withholding period ‘biological’ fungicides.
Useful resources on managing Botrytis include:
- AWRI fact sheet: Managing Botrytis
- Wine Australia fact sheet: Botrytis management
- Wine Australia fact sheet: Botrytis questions and answers
- Ask the AWRI: Controlling Botrytis bunch rot without using fungicides
- AWRI fact sheet: Managing Botrytis-infected fruit
For more information or assistance, please contact the AWRI helpdesk on 08 8313 6600 or email@example.com.