The AWRI conducts seminars and workshops across Australia as part of a national roadshow program funded by Wine Australia.
Seminars include presentations on grape and wine research activities. Each seminar is tailored to meet the interests of the region, with presentations being selected by the local regional association. Content is delivered by researchers from a range of organisations.
Workshops focus on current technical production issues, with best-practice advice and solutions, and are generally delivered by AWRI winemakers and viticulturists. The current workshop on the Cabernet Sauvignon winemaking trial features 17 Cabernet Sauvignon wines, made from the same batch of grapes and showcasing a range of different winemaking techniques.
Participants can access presentations after each event (password-protected):
- Seminar presentations
- Current workshop presentation
- Addressing regional challenges
- Adapting to difficult vintages workshop
- A guide to trouble free packaging
- Test your limits! Determine your own threshold for important wine flavour compounds
- Trouble free winemaking – avoidance and management of common wine instabilities
- The avoidance of taints and chemical instabilities during winemaking
- Brettanomyces – latest research and control strategies
- Microscopy and applications
The AWRI and its partner organisations provide their services to the regions free of charge. Roadshows are delivered in collaboration with regional associations and the associations may charge a small attendance fee to cover venue and catering expenses.
Previous workshops include:
Contact the AWRI Events team
Telephone: 08 8313 6600