The AWRI conducts seminars and workshops across Australia as part of a national roadshow program funded by Wine Australia.
A seminar comprises presentations detailing updates of current research or research outcomes from grape and wine research activities. Each seminar is tailored to meet the interests of the region, with presentations being selected by the local regional association. Content is delivered by researchers from a range of organisations.
A workshop focuses on current technical production issues and provides best practice advice and solutions. Workshops are delivered by AWRI winemakers and viticulturists. The current workshop ‘Improving quality and reducing costs’ presents information on the latest technologies, analyses, process options and efficiencies to enable optimal quality grapegrowing and winemaking.
The AWRI and its partner organisations provide their services to the regions free of charge. Roadshows are delivered in collaboration with regional associations and the associations may charge a small attendance fee to cover venue and catering expenses.
Previous workshops include:
- Adapting to difficult vintages workshop
- A guide to trouble free packaging
- Test your limits! Determine your own threshold for important wine flavour compounds
- Trouble free winemaking – avoidance and management of common wine instabilities
- The avoidance of taints and chemical instabilities during winemaking
- Brettanomyces – latest research and control strategies
- Microscopy and applications
Contact the AWRI Events team
Telephone: 08 8313 6600