- Position: Business Development Manager
BSc (Hons) (Hort and Vitic) University of Western Australia and University of Adelaide, PhD Sc (Oen) Murdoch University
- Phone: 08 8313 6600
- Since: 17 August 2020
Tony Robinson started his career in 2000 and has worked in a range of roles across the wine industry including research, industry policy, viticultural management, and winemaking. Tony has a PhD in Science (Oenology) and is best known for his integrated industry perspective, passion for research, and collaborative drive. As a winemaker, he has produced wines for innovative and award-winning brands, while as a researcher, he has published a number of peer reviewed papers on wine chemistry and sensory science. Tony has organised and presented at technical conferences in Germany, France, USA and Australia. He has also been actively involved with Australian wine industry bodies, such as WFA, ASVO, and AWITC, and is an advocate for independent wine bench marking through the show system.
Grape and wine composition, sensory analysis, applied sciences, agricultural science, viticultural management, winemaking, industry policy, project management.
- Ratnayake, S., Stockdale, V., Grafton, S., Munro, P., Robinson, A., Pearson, W., McRae, J., Bacic, A. 2019. Carrageenans as heat stabilisers of white wine. Aust. J. Grape Wine Res. 25(4): 439–450.
- Hampel, D., Robinson, A., Johnson, A., Ebeler, S. 2014. Direct hydrolysis and analysis of glycosidically bound aroma compounds in grapes and wines: comparison of hydrolysis conditions and sample preparation methods. Aust. J. Grape Wine Res. 20(3): 361–377.
- Robinson, A., Boss, P., Solomon, P., Trengove, R., Heymann, H., Ebeler, S. 2014. Origins of Grape and Wine Aroma. Part 1. Chemical Components and Viticultural Impacts. Am. J. Enol. Vitic. 65(1): 1–24.
- Robinson, A., Boss, P., Solomon, P., Trengove, R., Heymann, H., Ebeler, S. 2014. Origins of Grape and Wine Aroma. Part 2. Chemical and Sensory Analysis. Am. J. Enol. Vitic. 65(1): 25–42.
- Robinson, A., Adams, D., Boss, P., Heymann, H., Solomon, P., Trengove, R. 2012. Influence of Geographic Origin on the Sensory Characteristics and Wine Composition of Vitis vinifera Cabernet Sauvignon Wines from Australia. Am. J. Enol. Vitic. 63(4): 467–476.
- Heymann, H., Machado, B., Torri, L., Robinson, A. 2012. How many judges should one use for sensory descriptive analysis? J. Sens. Stud. 27(2): 111–122.
- Robinson, A., Adams, D., Boss, P., Heymann, H., Solomon, P., Trengove, R. 2011. The relationship between sensory attributes and wine composition for Australian Cabernet Sauvignon wines. Aust. J. Grape Wine Res. 17(3): 327–340.
- Robinson, A., Boss, P., Heymann, H., Solomon, P., Trengove, R. 2011. Influence of yeast strain, canopy management, and site on the volatile composition and sensory attributes of Cabernet Sauvignon wines from Western Australia. J. Agric. Food Chem. 59(7): 3273–3284.
- Robinson, A., Boss, P., Heymann, H., Solomon, P., Trengove, R. 2011. Development of a sensitive non-targeted method for characterizing the wine volatile profile using headspace solid-phase microextraction comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography time-of-flight mass spectrometry. J. Chromatogr. A. 1218(3): 504–517.
- Robinson, A., Mueller, M., Heymann, H., Ebeler, S., Boss, P., Solomon, P., Trengove, R. 2010. The effect of simulated shipping conditions on the sensory attributes and volatile composition of commercial white and red wines. Am. J. Enol. Vitic. 61(3): 337–347.
- Robinson, A., Ebeler, S., Heymann, H., Boss, P., Solomon, P., Trengove, R. 2009. Interactions between wine volatile compounds and grape and wine matrix components influence aroma compound headspace partitioning. J. Agric. Food Chem. 57(21): 10313–10322.