Technical Review October 2017 issue available
The October 2017 issue of Technical Review is now available online. Articles and abstracts can be viewed individually, or the full issue can be downloaded. The online format of Technical Review allows you to browse the list of the latest articles on grape and wine production by keyword, view article summaries and order journal articles from the AWRI Library.
For copyright reasons, access to abstracts is available only to Australian winemakers and grapegrowers who pay the Wine Grapes or Grape Research levies. The technical notes authored by the AWRI are, however, freely available. If you have forgotten your password for the AWRI website, please use the forgotten password link to reset your password.
Below is a snapshot of what’s in this issue:
|AWRI Technical Notes
- Atomic spectrometry update: review of advances in the analysis of clinical and biological materials, foods and beverages
- Vintage 2017 – observations from the AWRI helpdesk
- Winehealth 2017 – navigating the health effects of alcohol consumption
- Using cross-linked polymers to sequester metals and extend shelf life of wine
- Why is the genetic diversity of Brettanomyces bruxellensis important for winemakers and is it related to sulfur dioxide tolerance?
- In-mouth flavour release from grape-derived precursors: unlocking hidden flavour during tasting
- Ask the AWRI: the tricks and traps of deacidification
|Current literature – oenology
- Interactions between storage temperature and ethanol that affect growth of Brettanomyces bruxellensis in Merlot wine
- Characterisation of non-Saccharomyces yeasts using different methodologies and evaluation of their compatibility with malolactic fermentation
- Comparison between malolactic fermentation container and barrel toasting effects on phenolic, volatile, and sensory profiles of red wines
- Impact of pre-fermentative maceration and yeast strain along with glutathione and SO2 additions on the aroma of Vitis vinifera L. Pošip wine and its evaluation during bottle aging
- Do differences in the colour and phenolic composition of young Shiraz wines reflect during ageing?
- Is solar energy a feasible option for your winery? The latest examples of solar uptake
- Drivers of green innovations: evidence from the wine industry
|Current literature – viticulture
- Applications of geospatial technologies to understand terroir effects in an Ontario Riesling vineyard
- Effect of ambient sunlight intensity on the temporal phenolic profiles of Vitis vinifera L. cv. Chardonnay during the ripening season – a field study
- An analysis of seed colour during ripening of Cabernet Sauvignon grapes
- Pre-budburst temperature influences the inner and outer arm morphology, phenology, flower number, fruitset, TSS accumulation and variability of Vitis vinifera L. Sauvignon Blanc bunches
- Real time detection of extreme weather events in vineyards
- Effect of row orientation, trellis type, shoot and bunch position on the variability of Sauvignon Blanc (Vitis vinifera L.) juice composition
- Setting the optimal length to be scanned in rows of vines by using mobile terrestrial laser scanners
- Pruning: the right cuts to improve vine health and longevity
- Hail damage response: vineyard recovery
- Determination of downy mildew and powdery mildew resistance of some grape cultivars
- Dry-grown vineyards, dual benefits: sustainability and premium quality