Technical Review June 2020 issue available online
The June 2020 issue of Technical Review is now available online. Articles and abstracts can be viewed individually, or the full issue can be downloaded. The online format of Technical Review allows you to browse the list of the latest articles on grape and wine production by keyword, view article summaries and order journal articles from the AWRI Library.
For copyright reasons, access to abstracts is available only to Australian winemakers and grapegrowers who pay the Wine Grapes or Grape Research levies. The technical notes authored by the AWRI are, however, freely available. If you have forgotten your password for the AWRI website, please use the forgotten password link to reset your password.
Below is a snapshot of what's in this issue:
|AWRI Technical Notes
- Extending the shelf life of canned wines
- Winemaking with high Baume juice: optimising fermentation and extraction
- New techniques and technologies for wine protein stabilisation
- Whole bunch fermentation of Shiraz and Pinot Noir: influence on ‘green’ characters and astringency
- Is Brettanomyces bruxellensis becoming more SO2 tolerant in industry?
- Evaluating activated carbons for removal of phenols and their glycosides from smoke-affected juice and wine
- Ask the AWRI: promoting grapevine recovery after fire damage
- Comparison of water addition and early-harvest strategies to decrease alcohol concentration in Vitis vinifera cv. Shiraz wine: impact on wine phenolics, tannin composition and colour properties
|Current literature – oenology
- Membrane contactors for managing dissolved oxygen and carbon dioxide in wine
- The whiff of wine yeast innovation: strategies for enhancing aroma production by yeast during wine fermentation
- Management of malolactic fermentation to enhance red wine colour
- Cellar temperature affects Brettanomyces bruxellensis population and volatile phenols production in aging Bordeaux wines
- Press fractioning of grape juice: a first step to manage potential atypical aging development during winemaking
- Review of closure technologies and oxygen management
- Treated winery wastewater becomes a valuable resource in the vineyard
- Does blind tasting work? Another look
|Current literature – viticulture
- California’s dry future: how will California’s growing regions adapt to drier conditions?
- Development and evaluation of a vineyard-based strategy to mitigate smoke-taint in wine grapes
- Delaying ripeness two months: new vineyard management technique: forcing bursting of new buds
- Managing fire affected vineyards
- Transforming Tempranillo
- Alvarinho vs Albarino
- Research sheds new light on petiole tissue sampling