As we head towards the welcome warmth of spring, registrations are now open for the next series of the AWRI’s 2021 webinar program. Starting on Thursday, 2 September, Chris Penfold (AWRI), Dr Thomas Lines (University of Adelaide) and Robyn Dixon (AWRI) will co-present a webinar on non-chemical weed control, covering the wide range of options now available for grapegrowers to manage weeds. Additional webinars through September and October will cover organic and sustainable production, testing grapes for smoke taint, building soil carbon, and how to extend the shelf life of wine packaged in aluminium cans.
Each webinar will include a presentation and, where appropriate, a practitioner to provide real-life examples and scenarios. There will also be an opportunity for audience members to ask questions. Sessions are held on Thursdays at 11:30 am (SA time).
All webinars are free to attend but do require pre-registration.
The next five webinars for the program are:
- 2 September 2021: Non-chemical weed control – Chris Penfold (University of Adelaide), Dr Thomas Lines (University of Adelaide), Robyn Dixon (AWRI)
- 9 September 2021: Smoke testing – what do labs actually measure and new ways to speed it up – Neil Scrimgeour (AWRI), Dr Eric Wilkes (AWRI)
- 16 September 2021: Organic and sustainable production – Liz Pitcher (AWRI)
- 23 September 2021: Building soil carbon in vineyards – Dr Mark Farrell (CSIRO), Prof. Tim Cavagnaro (University of Adelaide), Joseph Marks (University of Adelaide)
- 7 October 2021: Extending the shelf-life of canned wines – Neil Scrimgeour (AWRI)
See the full program here.
You will need a computer or mobile device with an internet connection. Audio is connected over the internet using your computer or mobile device’s speakers (voice over internet protocol – VOIP). Participants joining a webinar via a mobile device will need to download a free app available from iTunes or Google Play.
If you’ve missed a previous AWRI webinar, you can watch online via the AWRI’s YouTube channel.
For further information on AWRI webinars, please contact the AWRI events team.