Technical Review October 2019 issue available online
The October 2019 issue of Technical Review is now available online. Articles and abstracts can be viewed individually, or the full issue can be downloaded. The online format of Technical Review allows you to browse the list of the latest articles on grape and wine production by keyword, view article summaries and order journal articles from the AWRI Library.
For copyright reasons, access to abstracts is available only to Australian winemakers and grapegrowers who pay the Wine Grapes or Grape Research levies. The technical notes authored by the AWRI are, however, freely available. If you have forgotten your password for the AWRI website, please use the forgotten password link to reset your password.
Below is a snapshot of what's in this issue:
|AWRI Technical Notes
- Hot water immersion as a disinfestation treatment for grapevine root cutting against genetically diverse grape phylloxera Daktulophaira vitifoliae Fitch
- Ask the AWRI: spoilage issues in Pinot Noir
- Understanding yeast impact on 1,1,6-trimethyl-1,2-dihydronaphthalene formation in Riesling wine through a formation-pathway-informed hydrolytic assay
- Tech-led evolution of wine shows
- Ask the AWRI: controlling vineyard weeds
- Volatile profile of reduced alcohol wines fermented with selected non-Saccharomyces yeasts under different aeration conditions
- Effect of grape seed and skin tannin molecular mass and composition on the rate of reaction with anthocyanin and subsequent formation of polymeric pigments in the presence of acetaldehyde
|Current literature – oenology
- The many shades of rosé
- Alternatives to refrigeration: practical commentary around the use of CMC
- Managing phenolics in the vineyard and winery
- Oak tannin selection and barrel toasting: impact on dry white wine oxidative stability
- Winemaker trials: What are the sensory and phenolic effects of using oxygen and nitrogen as flotation gases?
- Winemakers discuss cap management regimens
- Grape solids: lipid composition and role during alcoholic fermentation under enological conditions
- Current perspective on arsenic in wines: analysis, speciation, and changes in composition during production
- Influence of the use of unripe grapes to reduce ethanol content and pH on the color, polyphenol and polysaccharide composition of conventional and hot macerated Pinot Noir and Tannat wines
- Elimination of suspended cell wall material in musts improves the phenolic content and color of red wines
- Wine reduction potentials: are these measured values really reduction potentials?
- 2019 Closure survey report: you can’t fix what you don’t measure
- New study measures the dramatic release of O2 from stoppers post-bottling
|Current literature – viticulture
- Product review: optical grape sorters for 2019 harvest
- Scientific holism, alternative agricultures and climate change
- France struggles to dump glyphosate
- Paris industry conference focuses on digital innovation and variety adaptation for climate change
- Effects on berry shrinkage in Vitis vinifera. L cv. 'Merlot' from changes in canopy/root ratio: a preliminary approach
- Effects of abiotic factors on phenolic compounds in the grape berry – a review
- Reaping rewards: Barossa’s new thinking to tackle climate change
- To till or not to till?
- Canopy and soil thermal patterns to support water and heat stress management in vineyards
- A rude awakening to grapevine trunk disease
- Impact of grapevine red blotch disease on grape composition of Vitis vinifera Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Chardonnay
- In France, researchers are putting resistant grape varieties to the test of sustainable development
- Breeding next generation rootstocks with durable pest resistance using DNA marker-assisted selection