7 December 2022
The APVMA has issued an off-label permit (PER93023) enabling the use of Nufarm Amishield Fungicide (APVMA No. 88958) on grapevines. It is essential that growers read the permit prior to use and comply with all the conditions. The permit has been issued due to possible shortages of the products registered for grapes. The permit is available from the APVMA website.
NUFARM AMISHIELD FUNGICIDE (APVMA Approval No. 88958)
Directions for use:
16 g/100 L
Nufarm Tri-Base Blue
Fungicide (APVMA No. 53568)
downy mildew in
grapevines for a product
with an alternative mode
of action to Group 21
Important things to note:
The permit is valid for a limited period (2 December 2022 to 31 May 2023). Growers should not buy more than is needed for this season, because excess stock will not be permitted for use in subsequent seasons.
It is a condition of the permit that any Nufarm Amisulbrom Fungicide spray includes another registered downy mildew protectant fungicide.
Critical use comments:
- Apply as a protectant spray to grapevines commencing after shoots are 10 cm long.
- DO NOT use later than E-L 31, berries pea size (not > 7 mm diameter) on grapes grown for export wine production.
- DO NOT apply more than two consecutive applications and do not apply more than four applications per season. If consecutive applications are made, they should be 7 to 10 days apart and followed by two applications with an alternative mode of action before resuming applications of tank mixtures containing amisulbrom.
- Refer to the restraints and critical comments on the tank mix partner label before use.
- Apply as a foliar spray by air-blast sprayer. Apply sufficient volume to wet all leaf surfaces up to the point of run-off.
To avoid crop damage
The sensitivity of the crop to be treated under this permit has not been fully evaluated. The APVMA advises to only treat a small area to ascertain the reaction before treating the whole crop. Nufarm Australia does not consider crop sensitivity to be a risk when the conditions of the permit are followed. For more information, contact the AWRI, your Nufarm representative or your chemical on-seller.
Harvest: DO NOT harvest for 4 weeks after last application
Note: DO NOT use later than E-L 31, berries pea size (not > 7 mm diameter) on grapes grown for export wine production.
Note: With the use of this permit in a tank mix with another product, the longest of the products’ withholding periods would apply.
For grapes destined for export wine users should refer to recommendations as included in the AWRI publication Agrochemicals registered for use in Australian viticulture 2022/2023.
Growers with any concerns regarding use should contact their grape purchaser or winery.
ALL States and Territories.
For more information or to request a copy of the ‘Dog book’, please contact the AWRI helpdesk on (08) 8313 6600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information is provided to inform the Australian grape and wine sector and should not be interpreted as an endorsement of any product.
For assistance with any technical grapegrowing or winemaking questions, contact the AWRI helpdesk on email@example.com or 08 8313 6600.