Technical Review December 2019 issue available online
The December 2019 issue of Technical Review is now available online. Articles and abstracts can be viewed individually, or the full issue can be downloaded. The online format of Technical Review allows you to browse the list of the latest articles on grape and wine production by keyword, view article summaries and order journal articles from the AWRI Library.
For copyright reasons, access to abstracts is available only to Australian winemakers and grapegrowers who pay the Wine Grapes or Grape Research levies. The technical notes authored by the AWRI are, however, freely available. If you have forgotten your password for the AWRI website, please use the forgotten password link to reset your password.
Below is a snapshot of what's in this issue:
|AWRI Technical Notes
- Ask the AWRI: what does the latest research say about barrel sanitation against Brett?
- Effect of rootstock on yield, grape composition and wine sensory attributes of Shiraz grown in a moderately saline environment
- Carrageenans as heat stabilisers of white wine
- Vintage 2019 – observations from the AWRI helpdesk
- Ask the AWRI: regulatory changes to the use of botrytis agrochemical
|Current literature – oenology
- The scientific art of blending?
- Cabernet Sauvignon aging stability altered by microoxygenation
- Understanding cold maceration in red winemaking: a batch processing and multi-block data analysis approach
- Effect of temperature and duration of maceration on colour and sensory properties of red wine – a review
- Predicting fermentation dynamics of concrete egg fermenters
- Roundtable: cold soaking
- Influence of nitrogen content on grape non-Saccharomyces glycosidic activities
- Efficacy of ozone against different strains of Brettanomyces bruxellensis on winegrapes postharvest and impact on wine composition
- Effect of vine water and nitrogen status, as well as temperature, on some aroma compounds of aged red Bordeaux wines
- Lifting the lid: Australian wineries have their say in our latest closure survey
- Blue wine, a color obtained with synthetic blue dye addition: two case studies
|Current literature – viticulture
- Going against the grain with alternatives to wooden trellis posts
- Impacts of early leaf removal and cluster thinning on Grüner Veltliner production, fruit composition, and vine health
- New factsheet explores under-vine cover cropping
- The attitudes of French and Spanish winegrowers towards the use of cover crops in vineyards
- Using canopy and shade cloth to reduce sunburn
- Managing grapevine trunk diseases in California’s Southern San Joaquin Valley
- Could rising temperatures and humidity see an increase in the incidence of sooty mould?
- Foliar application of several nitrogen sources as fertilisers to Tempranillo grapevines: effect on wine volatile composition